Gemini Bt. - 2091 Etyek, Alsohegy u 7 - Hungary Tel +36 70 332 7090 - firstname.lastname@example.org
The natural evolution of Pulsar is Pulsar2. From November 2009 Gemini Telescope Design is offering this new version that retains all the key features of its predecessor but adds a host of new valuable functionsm making it especially suitable for remote control.
- Pulsar2 accepts servos or steppers.
- Input 12-24VDC (optimally 14-18V), output 2x2A
- Independent incremental encoders can be added.
- Connects to the PC via USB, Serial or LAN ports.
- Allows direct access from the internet (Internal web server).
- Has much more memory for databases (currently we have added IC and Pk).
- Steppers are driven in 2 speed dependent modes, ensuring silent and silky smooth tracking AND high goto speeds. Uses 8bit microstepping.
- AAG Cloud watcher compatible direct parking via the AUX port.
- It has a foolproof initializing menu to help setting DEC motor rotation and finding the reference star.
- Supports friction drives, calculates the total reduction automatically
- Upgrading the firmware takes 20 seconds and all user settings in the menu are protected.
The NEW Hand Controller is here (11.2012.)
Features an internal GPS, large display and graphic aid for initializing the mount. Information like the active speed (goto, guide or other), tracking mode (sid, lun, etc), low tension are always displaied. Date and time are also shown. Time and lat/long are updated every time Pulsar2 is switched on. The joystick works fast and precisely. The red maplight function has migrated to button 7. This hand controller works with Pulsar2 only.
Complete unit (driver and hand controller w 2m cable) EUR 990
Driver only (for PC use, virtual hand controller) EUR 800
Hand unit (replacement) EUR 220
prices w/o tax, 2 yrs warranty
VIRTUAL HAND CONTROLLER for your Android Smartphone!
Take a WiFi router (D-Link DIR-615), download the software, connect P2 to the router and go! You find the IP address in the System/IPsettings menu of P2.
Padded transport case for Pulsar2 and polar finder or other accessories - EUR 50 with Pulsar2 or EUR 75 separately. Weights 5 kg loaded with the above goods.
Besides our mounts, Pulsar2 can drive your EQ6, GPDX, EM200, G11, with the suitable (stepper)motor kits. Pulsar2's unique feature, the 8 bit microstep allows you to use very low total gear ratios (down to 180) which result in very smooth periodic errors.
Drivers, latest firmware and database is available on the Downloads page, the manual, tutorial videos on the Manuals page.
This diagram explains the integration of Pulsar2 into your observatory, with emphasis on remote use.