The natural evolution of Pulsar1 is the Pulsar2 GoTo Controller. From November 2009 Gemini Telescope Design is offering this new version that retains all the key features of its predecessor but adds a host of new valuable functions making it especially suitable for remote control.
What is new in Pulsar2 ?
- Pulsar2 accepts servos or steppers
- Input 12-18VDC, output 2×4 A
- Independent incremental encoders can be added
- Connects to the PC via USB, Serial or LAN ports, ASCOM and INDI (Linux) compatible
- Allows direct access from the internet (Internal web server)
- Has much more memory for databases
- Steppers are driven in 2 speed dependent modes, ensuring silent and silky smooth tracking AND high goto speeds. Uses 8bit microstepping
- AAG Cloud watcher compatible direct parking via the AUX port
- It has a foolproof initializing menu to help setting DEC motor rotation and finding the reference star.
- The C2A planetarium program offers embedded support for Pulsar2 and a precise polar alignment tool also. All solar system objects can be precisely tracked with C2A and Pulsar2.
- Supports friction drives, calculates the total reduction automatically
- Upgrading the firmware takes 20 seconds and all user settings in the menu are protected.
The NEW Hand Controller
Features an internal GPS, large display and graphic aid for initializing the mount. Information like the active speed (goto, guide or other), tracking mode (sideral, lunar, planet, custom, etc), low voltage are always visible. Date and time are also shown. Time and latitude and longitude are updated every time Pulsar2 is switched on. The joystick works fast and reliably. The red maplight function has migrated to button 7. This hand controller works with (hw2.2) Pulsar2 only.
You find a WIFI virtual hand controller for Android devices on Play Store (Pulsar Hand).
Price list for PULSAR2 GoTo Controllers
- Complete unit (driver and hand controller w 2m cable): 990,00 EUR
- Driver only (for PC use, virtual hand controller): 800,00 EUR
- Hand unit (replacement): 220,00 EUR
Shipping and tax is not included. You will pay 22% sales tax (EU orders only) that you can deduct and pay the rate applicable in your country. We provide 5 years of warranty for mechanical parts and 1 year for all electronic parts.
GoTo Controllers for German and Fork mounts? Can I use PULSAR2?
Besides our mounts, Pulsar2 can drive your EQ6, GPDX, EM200, G11, and more, with the suitable (stepper)motor kits. Pulsar2’s unique feature, the 8 bit microstep allows you to use very low total gear ratios (down to 180) which result in very smooth periodic error. It will also drive your DIY mount, Fork or German.